The Laser dinghy is one of the most popular one-design classes in the world with over 200,000 built to date. Designed by Bruce Kirby in 1970 and an Olympic class since 1996, the Laser provides physically challenging and tactically exciting single-handed sailing. With 4.7, Radial, Standard rigs, the Laser dinghy caters for all ages and weights.
The Laser fleet at Littleton has about 30 boats that sail regularly. There is a wide range of ages and abilities throughout the fleet resulting in good competition and companionship at all levels.
We race as a fleet on Saturdays and usually have more than ten Lasers competing. The general handicap and pursuit races on Thursday evenings are also popular.
We held a Laser Class Open Meeting on Saturday 18th April for the first time. This is to become an annual event. It is part of the Thames Valley Laser Traveller Series. Read Y&Y report ...
View photos of the event ...
View a video of club member Phil Lewis laser sailing at Littleton.
Littleton Laser Series 2015 (4 results to count)
- Sat 11 April 13:00 general handicap race
- Sun 17 May Class Championships, overall result.
- Sat 6 June 13:00 general handicap race
- Sat 20 June Summer Cup – overall result
- Sat 25 July 13:00 general handicap race
- Sun 30 Aug Regatta Day - 13:00 general handicap race
- Sun 20 Sept Allen Vase, overall result
- Sat 3 Oct Trophy Day, 13:00 general handicap race
My name is Mark Fowler and I am the Laser fleet captain.
If you'd like further information about the Laser fleet at Littleton Sailing Club I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07756 026757.